The Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA) is a research institute of the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics, established in 1986. Through its research the institute aims to improve the understanding of the relationship between education and the labour market. The overarching research theme of ROA is the acquisition and depreciation of human capital over the life course in relation to the dynamics of the labor market. This is studied in four research programmes. For more information about ROA and our services please click here.
Recent publications / news
- May12thResearch memorandum: Impact of financial pressure on unemployed job search, job find success and job quality Research shows that financial pressure – implied as a consequence of benefit sanctions or exhaustion – prompts the unemployed to ...
- May09thROA Newsletter – April 2016 The newsletter with the latest news and developments from ROA is out! Click here to watch the online version.
- Apr04thJaap Dronkers passed away March 30th Jaap Dronkers passed away March 30th. Click here for an In Memoriam.
- Mar22ndResearch memorandum: Does postponing minimum retirement age improve healthy behaviours before retirement? Evidence from middle-aged Italian workers By increasing the residual working horizon of employed individuals, pension reforms that raise minimum retirement age are likely to affect ...
- Mar08thResearch memorandum: The education revolution on horseback II: Using the Napoleonic Wars to elicit the effect of tracking on student performance Previous literature has found inconsistent effects of tracking students in secondary school on student performance using various ways to alleviate ...
In the media
- May10thArticle: Latere selectie? [in Dutch] Latere selectie?, NRC Handelsblad, 4 mei 2016, Rolf van der Velden
- May09thBlog: De prijs van het autarkische dorp [in Dutch] De prijs van het autarkische dorp, Neimed, Frank Cörvers, 26 april 2016
- Apr18thArticle: Op jacht naar technici [in Dutch] Op jacht naar technici, De Telegraaf, 16 april 2016
- Mar24thArticle: Flex voert de boventoon [in Dutch] Flex voert de boventoon, De Telegraaf, 22 maart 2016
- Mar24thArticle: Opgeleid voor niets [in Dutch] Opgeleid voor niets, De Telegraaf, 19 maart 2016