The Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA) is a research institute of the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics, established in 1986. Through its research the institute aims to improve the understanding of the relationship between education and the labour market. The overarching research theme of ROA is the acquisition and depreciation of human capital over the life course in relation to the dynamics of the labor market. This is studied in four research programmes. For more information about ROA and our services please click here.
Recent publications / news
- Jan15thEntry into working life: Internal migration and the job match quality of higher-educated graduates Article in Journal of Regional Science, Volume 58, Issue 1, 2018, pp. 116 – 140. Viktor Venhorst and Frank Cörvers Abstract We estimate the impact of ...
- Jan12thPhD thesis: Tom Stolp Tom Stolp (2017), “Sorting in the Labor Market; the Role of Risk Preference and Stress“ Supervisor: prof.dr. T. Dohmen Co-supervisor: dr. B. Golsteyn >> ...
- Jan10thSocietal Impact Award for the National Cohort Study Education Rolf van der Velden, Mark Levels, Lynn van Vugt, Timo Huijgen and Per Bles received Thursday 21 December 2017 the ...
- Dec04thHigh labour demand in the technical and healthcare sector Report by ROA – Maastricht University. The report ‘De arbeidsmarkt naar opleiding en beroep tot 2022’ (in Dutch) presents and discusses ...
- Nov24thInaugural lecture Ms prof.dr. Wendy Smits Appointed extraordinary professor ‘Labour Market Flexibility: the employer’s perspective’ Title: De opmars van flexibele arbeid: Gevolgen voor mens, organisatie en maatschappij > ...
In the media
- Jan22ndRaymond Montizaan interviewed for BBC 4 Raymond Montizaan interviewed for BBC 4 “Money Box” about part-time retirement. To the interview >>
- Jan19thDutch unemployed versus labour migrants Andries de Grip in Metronieuws.nl, “CNV wil ‘eigen volk eerst’, maar is dat realistisch?”,15 January 2018.
- Jan10thMenselijk kapitaal en regionale ontwikkeling Menselijk kapitaal en regionale ontwikkeling, blog, Neimed, 9 januari 2018
- Jan04thAlles plust, en de lonen dan? Andries de Grip interviewed in Dagblad De Limburger on 29 December 2017.
- Dec04th55-plus en werkloos Raymond Montizaan interviewed in De Monitor on 3 December 2017. To the interview >>